Designed, managed and/or provided content for over thirty sites, primarily on LAMP-based Web servers. Portfolio and writing samples are available at portfolio.hawkeswood.com.
Independent Web Design/Management Consultant, Web Management Services (June 2005 – Present)
• Develop and negotiate client contracts, defining scope of work and realistic budget goals.
• Site management/graphic design/content migration services for a wide range of non-profit arts organizations, membership, associations, professional businesses enterprises, and individuals requiring a web presence, using Adobe Creative Suite (most notably Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, Fireworks and Dreamweaver).
• WordPress set-up/migration, page and blog layout, customized themes and hosting service selection.
• Create site architecture wireframes with Microsoft Visio; assist clients with identifying appropriate content and navigation.
• Provide comps, with multiple options for layout, look and feel, and other design elements.
• Project and team management support as needed.
• Additional services include copy editing, content development, email and technical support.
• OutOftheBlackBox Theatre Company, Inc.: Migrating site and blog to new WordPress structure (in progress).
• Costume-ConNections: Recently migrated front end to WordPress to simplify management. Initial site created with static HTML pages. Gallery2 database for over 3,000 online archive of images.
• The Maccoby Group: Revised site structure and updated look and feel of site to improve navigation and site maintenance for web manager. Updated CSS structure to improve graphic presentation.
• International Side Saddle Organization: Revised site structure to divide existing site into two sub-sites, established password-protected Members Only section.
• Blood and Cardstock Games: Site design, management, and e-commerce support. Implemented LinkPoint and PayPal payment gateways. Revised content and provided email support as needed.
• Interactive Technologies Group, Inc.: Assisted with multi-lesson web-based training course, converting Microsoft PowerPoint storyboards and draft graphics into multi-page Adobe Fireworks/Dreamweaver-based HTML pages for Defense Acquisition University as part of six-member team, using SharePoint and Time Taskr project management. Manually adjusted CSS templates as needed; ensured Section 508 compliance.
• The Bow and the Butterfly: children’s book illustrations/layout with Corel Painter Essentials, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign; 1st printing December, 2016 through CreateSpace.
• The Puppeteer: wrote screenplay, directed and produced nine-minute short film based on Hans Christian Andersen’s The Puppet-Show Man, using Nikon and Panasonic cameras, Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
• Shot and produced 20-minute video documentary, edited with Sony Vegas Studio, for a client, utilizing existing video footage, still images and audio track.
• Produced several short videos for Washington Revels, Time-Based Media, and Film and Media Production. (YouTube: Hawkeswood Productions Channel)
WebInvent.com, Inc. (January 1997 – May 2005):
• Owner/Primary Designer, responsible for all business decisions, contracts, project management, marketing, and development.
• Provided management/design/content migration services for a wide range of organizations, businesses and individuals requiring a web presence using Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver.
• Defined initial site architecture, content layout, graphics, CGI/forms, project timeline scheduling using Visio.
• Managed all projects and supervised a team of four employees/contractors located both onsite and remotely.
• Developed and negotiated client contracts, worked with clients to determine scope of work.
• Provided site maintenance, copy editing, content development, e-commerce support, database development and email/technical support.
* Details for prior experience are available upon request.
• Member, Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society, Alpha Alpha Sigma Chapter (2014)
• Lifetime Achievement Award, International Costumers’ Guild (2008)
• Costume-Con Founder’s Award (2005)
• International Costumers’ Guild President’s Award (2003)
• Cast Member, Alpha Psi Omega Theatre Honors Society, Kappa Lambda Chapter (1984)
• BA in Graphic Communication, University of Maryland University College (2016)