Design/Multimedia Production Résumé
Betsy Marks Delaney
PO Box 1393
Greenbelt, MD 20768-1393
301.922.1865 (voice/text) • 413.751.7320 (fax)
- Designed, managed and/or provided content for over thirty sites on UNIX-based web servers.
- Writing samples and portfolio available online.
Independent Web Design/Management Consultant, Web Management Services (June 2005 – Present)
- Children’s book: The Bow and the Butterfly; illustrations/layout in Corel Painter Essentials, Adobe InDesign; in progress, 1st printing expected December, 2016 through CreateSpace.
- Provide site management/graphic design/content migration services for a wide range of organizations, businesses and individuals requiring a web presence using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks & Dreamweaver.
- WordPress set-up, including static page and blog entries, site migration, customization of theme layouts and selection of hosting services for both Non-profit arts and membership organizations, associations, and professional enterprises.
- Provide wire frame road maps, site architecture recommendations, layout, and other content using Visio.
- Provide project and team management support as needed.
- Develop and negotiate client contracts, defining scope of work and realistic budget goals.
- Additional services include copy editing, content development, email and technical support.
- International Side Saddle Organization: Revised site structure to divide existing site into two sub-sites, establish password-protected Members Only section.
- Blood and Cardstock Games: Initial site design, ongoing management and e-commerce support. Implemented two e-commerce systems, with LinkPoint and PayPal gateways. Revise pages/content and provide email support as needed.
- LoloSarnoff.com and Costume-ConNections: Scanned and edited online gallery of images for artworks, provided content editing and development support.
- Interactive Technologies Group, Inc.: Worked with six team members to launch multi-lesson web-based training course for Defense Acquisition University. Converted Microsoft PowerPoint storyboards into multi-page lessons using SharePoint and Time Taskr. Cleaned up draft graphics with Adobe Fireworks. Used both clean CSS templates and original Adobe Dreamweaver code to revise and correct content and display issues; ensured Section 508 compliance.
- Safety Net Solutions: Cleaned up broken code references, developed punch-list of work (from migration of proprietary CMS template to different host site). Cleaned CSS code for consistent site navigation/layout.
- Shot and produced 20-minute video documentary, edited with Sony Vegas Studio, for a client, utilizing existing video footage, still images and audio track.
- Produced several short videos for Washington Revels, Time-Based Media, and Film and Media Production. (YouTube: Hawkeswood Productions Channel)
WebInvent.com, Inc. (1997-2005):
- Owner/Primary Designer, responsible for all business decisions, contracts, project management, marketing, and development.
- Provided management/design/content migration services for a wide range of organizations, businesses and individuals requiring a web presence using Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver.
- Defined initial site architecture, content layout, graphics, CGI/forms timeline schedules using Visio.
- Managed all projects and supervised a team of four employees/contractors located both on-site and remotely.
- Developed and negotiated client contracts, worked with clients to determine scope of work.
- Provided site maintenance, copy editing, content development, e-commerce support, database development and email/technical support.
- Dean’s List for all semesters from Spring 2013 through Fall, 2015
- Member, Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society, Alpha Alpha Sigma Chapter (2014)
- Lifetime Achievement Award, International Costumers’ Guild (2008)
- Costume-Con Founder’s Award (2005)
- International Costumers’ Guild President’s Award (2003)
- Cast Member, Alpha Psi Omega Theatre Honors Society, Kappa Lambda Chapter (1984)
- BA, Graphic Communication, University of Maryland University College
Adelphi, Maryland (Pending May 2016)
- BA,Technical Theatre (Scenic Design Emphasis), SUNY College at New Paltz
New Paltz, New York (Awarded May 1985)
- Coursework, Web Design & Interactive Media, Howard Community College
Columbia, Maryland (January 2013 – May 2014)
- Coursework, Costume Design, University of Maryland College Park
College Park, Maryland (September 1987 – December 1987)
- Coursework, General Studies, Monroe Community College
Rochester, New York (September 1981 – May 1982)