- Administration and support for non-profit arts and membership organizations, associations, and professional enterprises.
- Web design (LAMP environment) and digital media development (digital photography, graphics, audio and video conversion, and editing) using Adobe CS5 Web, Creative and Production Premium Suites, most notably After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Box Office Manager, The Puppet Co. (8/2014 – Date)
- Manage all aspects of online Box Office administration in a Mac environment for non-profit 501(c)(3) puppet theater based in Glen Echo Park, Maryland, serving 60,000 visitors annually.
- Process ticket transactions, group sales and bookings for 200-seat theater using Blackbaud’s Altru ticketing system on Safari; manage Broadview voicemail system and record outgoing message updates with Audacity on Chrome.
- Generate reports, track ticket sales, and log daily visitation using Altru and MS Excel.
- Reconcile sales transactions and create bank deposits.
- Process cash donations in Altru; acknowledge cash and in-kind donations in MS Word.
- Write how-to instructions and maintain operating policy manuals.
- Coordinate with Artistic Director, General Manager, and House Manager on audience seating, publicity outreach, advertising sales, and other events as needed.
- Identified, installed, and managed online Box Office sales management system (Arts People); trained and supervised all Box Office volunteer staff.
- Maintained online membership/donation records for all campaigns.
- Designed / produced all publicity collateral for distribution to patrons, including posters, postcards, and programs, with MS Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks & Illustrator.
- Implemented and maintained Google Calendar-based space management system.
- Negotiated royalty licenses with publishers and guest contracts for all productions and events.
- Met regularly with Board of Directors to resolve issues as needed.
- Coordinated building maintenance, technical and support staff, and supplies.
- Created video presentations (on YouTube) for marketing to support Community Initiative efforts and Christmas Revels using Adobe Premiere CS3, Nero and Windows Movie Maker.
- Coordinated fundraising development database migration project, provided data reporting and continuity management between Access, Constant Contact, FileMaker Pro and Tix.com systems.
- Front of House Manager (2008), Producer (2007) for The Christmas Revels at Lisner Auditorium; managed contracts, production calendar, performer contacts; supported box office and house management staff.
* Details for prior experience are available upon request.
- Dean’s List (all semesters 2013-2016)
- Member, Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society, Alpha Alpha Sigma Chapter (2014)
- Lifetime Achievement Award, International Costumers’ Guild (2008)
- Costume-Con Founder’s Award (2005)
- International Costumers’ Guild President’s Award (2003)
- Graphic Communication:
Bachelor of Arts, University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, MD
- Web Design & Interactive Media:
Coursework, Howard Community College, Columbia, MD
- Technical Theatre (Scenic Design Emphasis):
Bachelor of Arts, SUNY College at New Paltz, New Paltz, NY
Recommendations available on LinkedIn. Additional references available on request.
Betsy Marks Delaney • PO Box 1393, Greenbelt, MD 20768-1393 • 301.922.1865 (voice/text) • 413.751.7320 (fax)