- Administration and support for non-profit arts and membership organizations, associations, and professional enterprises.
- Web design (LAMP environment) and digital media development (digital photography, graphics, audio and video conversion, and editing) using Adobe Creative Cloud, CS5 Web, Creative and Production Premium Suites, most notably After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Web Design Management Consultant, Web Management Services
(6/2006 – Present)
Graphic and Web Design:
- Graphic Designer – GreenKey Resources/Manhattan Strategy Group:
- Created a series of on-brand infographics for a government agency, a set of logos for branding a government grant program, and revised a PowerPoint presentation to adjust look-and-feel for consistency.
- Created the design for the 2019 corporate holiday card.
- Contract extended twice.
- WordPress Themer (Freelance) – Vector Talent/American College of Cardiology (ACC):
- Created a portable customized WordPress theme to be deployed by up to 26 chapters of the ACC, based on the ACC’s existing website.
- Identified a wireframe layout and all elements, developed the design to incorporate ACC branding (color, layout, typography), and revised over 2,000 lines of CSS code to insure consistent look and feel and responsive layout compatible across devices. Selected and installed appropriate plugins to assist with layout as needed.
- Drafted a complete step-by-step instruction guide for installing and customizing the theme for each chapter, including section headings, links to select resources, and tutorials to assist new WordPress users with understanding the basics of site architecture and customization.
- Web Designer – Interactive Technologies Group, Inc/Defense Acquisiton University (US Dept. of Homeland Security):
- As part of a six-member team, converted multi-lesson web-based training course from Microsoft PowerPoint storyboards and draft graphics to fully realized multi-page online course.
- Manually adjusted CSS templates as needed; insured Section 508 compliance.
Web Design/Videographer/Editor, Hawkeswood Productions
(5/2006 – Present)
- Recently migrated visual and data archive with 30,000 image visual gallery managed with Gallery2 (PHP/MySQL) database to WordPress to simplify maintenance and content retrieval.
- Managing a six-person migration/conversion team to replace old Gallery2 installation with WordPress-compatible solution.
- Blood and Cardstock Games:
- Provided site design, management, and e-commerce support. Implemented LinkPoint and PayPal payment gateways.
- Revised content and managed email.
- Room 3: With Discordian Films, edited sound and film clips with Adobe Premiere Pro Creative Cloud to produce October 2019 entry for the DC 48-Hour Film Project; created marketing poster for the submission. Film received nominations for Best Villain and Best Scare.
- The Bow and the Butterfly: children’s book illustrations/layout with Corel Painter Essentials, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign; 1st printing December, 2016 through CreateSpace.
- The Puppeteer: wrote screenplay, directed and produced nine-minute short film based on Han Christian Andersen’s The Puppet-Show Man, using Nikon and Panasonic Lumix cameras, Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Documentary: Shot and produced a 20-minute video documentary, edited with Sony Vegas Studio, for a client, utilizing existing video footage, still images and audio track.
- Promotional Video: Produced several short videos for Washington Revels, Time-Based Media, and Film and Media Production. (YouTube: Hawkeswood Productions Channel)
Graphic Designer, FMP Consulting (10/2018 – 9/2019)
- On contingent contract with the Office of Personnel Management, provide document and web design services to various clients within the federal government, working in Adobe Creative Cloud (CC), using tools including SketchApp, InVision, GitHub, and Slack to communicate with members of my government and contracting team.
Box Office Manager, The Puppet Co. (8/2014 – 10/2018)
- Managed all aspects of online Box Office administration in a Mac environment for non-profit 501(c)(3) puppet theater based in Glen Echo Park, Maryland, serving 60,000 visitors annually.
- Reviewed and proofread all marketing materials (posters, postcards, fliers, web site content).
- Processed ticket transactions, group sales and bookings for 200-seat theater using Blackbaud’s Altru ticketing system on Safari; manage Broadview voicemail system and record outgoing message updates with Audacity on Chrome.
- Generated reports, tracked ticket sales, and logged daily visitation using Altru and MS Excel.
- Processed cash donations in Altru; acknowledged cash and in-kind donations in MS Word.
- Wrote how-to instructions and maintain operating policy manuals.
- Coordinated with Artistic Director, General Manager, and House Manager on audience seating, publicity outreach, advertising sales and other events as needed.
Manager, Greenbelt Arts Center (8/2009 – 8/2014)
- Identified, installed, and managed online Box Office sales management system (Arts People); trained and supervised all Box Office volunteer staff.
- Maintained online membership/donation records for all campaigns.
- Designed / produced all publicity collateral for distribution to patrons, including posters, postcards, and programs, with MS Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks & Illustrator.
- Implemented and maintained Google Calendar-based space management system.
- Negotiated royalty licenses with publishers and guest contracts for all productions and events.
- Met regularly with Board of Directors to resolve issues as needed.
- Coordinated building maintenance, technical and support staff, and supplies.
- Member, Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society, Alpha Alpha Sigma Chapter (2014)
- Lifetime Achievement Award, International Costumers’ Guild (2008)
- Costume-Con Founder’s Award (2005)
- International Costumers’ Guild President’s Award (2003)
- Graphic Communication:
Bachelor of Arts, University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, Maryland
- Web Design & Interactive Media:
Coursework, Howard Community College, Columbia, Maryland
- Technical Theatre (Scenic Design Emphasis):
Bachelor of Arts, SUNY College at New Paltz, New Paltz, New York